The Tributary is a private club located contiguous with the Teton County, Idaho seat of Driggs. Originally conceived by chemical magnate Jon Huntsman as a development of the highest quality, the property had the unfortunate timing of its would-be sales volume crescendo occurring during the “mortgage crisis” and ensuing recession. The property has since changed hands, with the new ownership enjoying the dramatic increase in demand spurred by an apparent migration to small-town America. While being adjacent to the county seat of Driggs, the 1,500-acre footprint of Tributary-owned land allows for a low density setting with interpretive trails, golf and other outdoor recreation such as fishing and Nordic skiing. The interpretive trails include over two miles of raised boardwalk through a wetlands preserve. The golf course is an 18-hole, David McLay-Kidd designed course (designer of Bandon Dunes) that will challenge golfers of all levels. The clubhouse is planned for completion in the fall of 2021 and will feature a restaurant, bar, meeting room, golf shop and a home for concierge services.
Other Than Golf
Recreational opportunities other than golf include:
- 26,000 SF Clubhouse with lockers, fitness center and therapy rooms
- Frisbee Golf
- Pond fishing
- Elevated boardwalk and interpretive trails
- 2 Courts for Pickle Ball
- Two spa / hot tubs year round
- 50 meter pool (summer)
- Groomed Nordic trails system (classic and skate)
The Tributary offers both full membership and a social (non-golf) membership, with owning real estate in the development being required for the social membership.
The Tributary currently offers single family homes on estate lots, as well as clustered “Park Homes.” Some flexibility exits for some higher density development towards the east of the development on lots that were platted under the vision of the previous ownership but have yet to be formally planned for development at this time.
- Park Homes – The park home lots range in size from 0.15 acres to 0.32 acres with an average lot size of 0.20 acres and are situated on the development/s east boundary with the City of Driggs. The design of this section of the development is centered around a handful of green space / park areas. Lots are lot-line to lot-line situated on perpendicular and horizontal roads. This area is gated at both the north and south ends. While original developer homes from inception of the development in 2007 exist, the current developer is marketing the Osprey model home type in this area of the development. This home is approximately 4,000 square feet, a four-bedroom and four-bath home with a “bonus” room located above the garage.
- Golf Homes – To the west of the park homes area and surrounded by golf course / open space are the golf home lots. This is a gated area of homes within the golf course and next to the property’s wildlife sanctuary. The lots are mostly sized around one-half acre, while there are a limited number of larger three-quarter acre sized lots. These lots are actively being marketed for between $500,000 to $650,000. “Pad lots” which are 0.08 acre lots ( 60’ x 60’ / 3,600 square feet) with surrounding open space are also located within the golf homes area. A mixture of homes have been constructed in the golf home area ranging from those constructed under the supervision of the original developer to the current developer’s “mountain modern” style homes (model names being The Targhee and The Tributary) under construction and being marked and sold currently. The Tributary is an approximately 3,000 square foot home, while Tributary is a slightly larger 3,366 square foot home. Each feature three bedrooms and three and one-half baths and attached garage.
The Tributary was conceived as a first-class development and is hitting its stride as just that. The combination of a convenient proximity to town and the seclusion offered by its generous acreage creates an appealing environment, with the amenities and David McLay-Kidd golf course furthering this appeal to say the least.
The Tributary Real Estate Listings
Click the link below to view the available publicly listed properties at The Tributary and be sure to reach out to Andy Cornish if you are interested in getting more information about any of the listed properties or exploring similar properties not shown.